Have a guide, tips, boss strategy? Have some cool FFXIV fanart you want to showcase? Submit your resource and we'll get it posted. Depending on the complexity, length and validity of the resource, you will also earn Gil. Gil can be used to cash out for real money or later purchase items from the store! Learn more.

Camera Zoom

Discussion in 'Technical Issues & Bugs' started by Fuzz, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Fuzz

Fuzz Eye in the Sky Jaime Lannister (Ultros) Staff Member

Experience:
    91Experience Points
    Gil:
    Gil2,709
    Achievements:
    280Achievement Points
    This isn't really a technical issue, but it seems that I can zoom out about 33% more than I could have last week... Has anyone else noticed that?

For a while I thought that it was pretty restrained, however, it seems perfect now.

2. Andromeda

Andromeda Administrator Eytha Andromeda (Ultros) Staff Member

Experience:
    54Experience Points
    Gil:
    Gil2,203
    Achievements:
    185Achievement Points
    I haven't noticed and I zoom out a lot during the boss fights. The camera's distance is largely dependent on the interior it is in. Some of the interiors are smaller than others, even if it doesn't look like it. So the camera ends up tighter than you would want. I'll check it out again when I can, but I think things are the same as they were. Sometimes I'd wish the camera could get further out or at least not stay zoomed in when it goes up against geometry. It doesn't zoom back out unless you're inside the normal minimum distance of the camera. A little annoying in fights where seeing everything in the stage is important.