Have a guide, tips, boss strategy? Have some cool FFXIV fanart you want to showcase? Submit your resource and we'll get it posted. Depending on the complexity, length and validity of the resource, you will also earn Gil. Gil can be used to cash out for real money or later purchase items from the store! Learn more.

Why do you like Final Fantasy XIV: ARR?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fuzz, Oct 16, 2013.

?

What do you like about FFXIV: ARR the most?

1. Story

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  2. Jobs/Class System

13 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. FATES

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. Crafting/Gathering

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. Community

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  6. Dungeons/Primals/Raids

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
  7. Graphics

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  8. Music

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. Fuzz

Fuzz Eye in the Sky Jaime Lannister (Ultros) Staff Member

Experience:
    91Experience Points
    Gil:
    Gil2,709
    Achievements:
    280Achievement Points
    Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn has now been out for over a month, so I feel now most people have had a chance to really settle in and can give an honest opinion... So what is it? What do you like about the game thus far? Please give at least one or two sentences on 'why' you like what you said and please vote on the poll on some of the more general aspects of the game!

For me, there are a lot of reasons. I have an instant sense of nostalgia when I dash across the open fields on my Chocobo. I really enjoy the epic dungeons and boss fights, as well as all the crafting.

Look forward to what others have to say!

2. Mystic

Mystic Squire

Experience:
    2Experience Points
    Gil:
    Gil38
    Achievements:
    5Achievement Points
    The thing I like the most in Final Fantasy XIV is the Job/Class system. It is so easy to change from one to another and it gives the game a lot of depth in gameplay. I figured once I'm done with Gladiator I will try a caster - it keeps the game fresh.

Shawn Whitney likes this.
  3. CecilDK

CecilDK Squire

Experience:
    2Experience Points
    Gil:
    Gil35
    Achievements:
    5Achievement Points
    Same as the last person, simply love the Job/Class system - it is very unique compared to other MMOs I have played.

4. Andromeda

Andromeda Administrator Eytha Andromeda (Ultros) Staff Member

Experience:
    54Experience Points
    Gil:
    Gil2,203
    Achievements:
    185Achievement Points
    The focus on story is important, but it is also is a huge fanservice for any fan of the FF franchise. The great thing about it is the more of a fan you are the more you pick out the references. Their attention to details like that is what make exploring the world so much fun and their continued commitment to fulfill that in the future with things like the Golden Saucer.

It almost has someone I know convinced to try it out, despite they don't even like playing online with others for the simple reason of the fanservice.

5. LocoColt04

LocoColt04 Administrator Crysanthe Mariveaux (Ultros) Staff Member

Experience:
    13Experience Points
    Gil:
    Gil218
    Achievements:
    55Achievement Points
    I absolutely love having a personal chocobo (and a myriad of other mounts) on a whim - but moreover, the ability for your Companion to serve as precisely that: a fighting companion.

Also, like Andromeda mentioned, the little bits and pieces of fanservice everywhere, from Biggs & Wedge to Magitek to Cid, there's a bit of everything there. Long-time Final Fantasy players will pick up on all of it, and it's great.

6. Moira

Moira Squire Moira Razli (Ultros)

Experience:
    2Experience Points
    Gil:
    Gil10
    Achievements:
    20Achievement Points
    I'm very happy with the Crafting/Gathering system. (thought the Crafting levequests were better in 1.0; you received all the mat's needed to complete the quests, and didn't have to buy them yourself). I also love how customizable everything is ^_^

7. Pipkin Rawrim

Pipkin Rawrim Squire Pipkin Rawrim (Phoenix)

Experience:
    1Experience Points
    Gil:
    Gil5
    Achievements:
    15Achievement Points
    I love the 'vanilla' feel to it. Dungeons take time and strategy. Bosses can be very hard, community is great. Some old fashion mmorpg feeling, not the very dumbed down like WoW has become. Love the armors and animations.

8. Pr0m3th3us

Pr0m3th3us Squire Bella Invicta (Lamia)

Experience:
    2Experience Points
    Gil:
    Gil35
    Achievements:
    20Achievement Points
    I definitely agree with the class thing. It is nice to switch from battling to crafting with the same character.

9. Lightning

Lightning Squire Eclaire Farron (Tonberry)

Experience:
    1Experience Points
    Gil:
    Gil8
    Achievements:
    5Achievement Points
    most fav: dungeons and extreme trials -> there are many ways of fighting the bosses or conquering the dungeons at high speed. there are also many gears that we want to acquire. the challenge keeps us playing the games.

Duty Finder & Party Finder are fantastic features - allows you to meet new people and raid dungeons together, or find people with the skills/gear required to raid dungeons together. the penalty for leaving a duty is smart too, it prevents irresponsible people from leaving the party halfway during a raid. the vote to dismiss works very well as sometimes we encounter extremely rude players that refuse to cooperate or afkers!

Duty roulette with bonus encourages you to learn the strategy of all dungeons.

The hair stylist was awesome. I hope they will keep introducing more hairstyles and we can have makeover every now and then,
    i don't mind spending GC points on complete race change either.

Multiple classes, jobs and cross skills-> makes levelling much endless and fun

New dungeons are content are really cool. i hope they have such a release every quarter.

Variety of mounts and minions -> fun. my fav is still the coerl mount though, cos the animation does not make me giddy

Repeatable crafting quests -> makes life a lot easier/less grinding

House-> seems fun. can SE make it a guild tavern instead? Cuz i want my own house for sure! i want my friends t visit my "instanced" house!

I do like the world design, but i think the graphics has room for improvement

To be fair, what i hope SE will improve are:
    Storyline/side quests -> are actually too long winded for me, i cannot afford to read through so many lines as i am a working adult with limited time!' can't imagine how other players with both work and kids feel!
    Special FATE->: too many people spamming AOE on 1 monster-> is a nightmare. if you're unlucky you will never get a point out of it.
    inventory management -> oh boy it's kinda nightmare isn't it. i appreciate all the nice icons that other mmos do not have though. please give us a sort button!
    mining -> i do not like this sort of grinding
    guild search -> can't search in game. can't request to join..we must receive invite instead. can't request to get promoted either.
    more maps pls! looking fwd to new places in Eorzea!
    story quest repeat-> let us repeat story quests with new classes? less grinding needed

Fuzz likes this.
  10. Altayra Lyon

Altayra Lyon Squire Alyrina Lyon (Siren)

Experience:
    2Experience Points
    Gil:
    Gil38
    Achievements:
    5Achievement Points
    I think I like the music the most. It's familiar from the rest of the games with a little twist put in to some of it to make it sound new.

I wish the Black Mage didn't require archer. Doesn't make any sense to me. :( But being able to play any class whenever you're in the mood is pretty cool.

I'm a FF fanatic so I don't have too many complaints. Hubby, on the other hand, can't be pleased no matter what game he plays. :) Can't wait for the vanity system so I can at least look neat even if the functional stuff looks terrible. ;)

Fuzz likes this.
  11. Hopecon

Hopecon Squire Zinos Furion (Broymhylda)

Experience:
    2Experience Points
    Gil:
    Gil35
    Achievements:
    5Achievement Points
    Absolutely loving the dungeons and raids so far. Great game.

12. Kiosin

Kiosin Squire Kio Sin (Phoniex)

Experience:
    1Experience Points
    Gil:
    Gil5
    Achievements:
    15Achievement Points
    Enjoying the storyline, and playing as Black Mage

13. Aphro Daddy

Aphro Daddy Squire Aphro (Msormr)

Experience:
    1Experience Points
    Gil:
    Gil5
    Achievements:
    5Achievement Points
    Love that I don't have to make more than one character in order to level every class. Almost like a wonderfully piggy-backed-from-elder-scrolls-idea that was executed in a way that makes me super happy in the cat face =^.^=

14. isenorya

isenorya Squire Kazin Whitewind (Sargatanas)

Experience:
    2Experience Points
    Gil:
    Gil35
    Achievements:
    5Achievement Points
    The dungeons and raids are a lot of fun! Some really great moments and nostalgia for the longtime SquareEnix fandom. Praetorium has hints of Chrono Trigger in it and of course the Crystal Tower which is ALL FF3! It is great to see SquareEnix really listening to their fans.

15. acapwn

acapwn Loyal Servant Hekla Tephra (Cactuar)

Experience:
    2Experience Points
    Gil:
    Gil35
    Achievements:
    30Achievement Points
    I'm extremely impressed with the crafting system in this game. It just blows everything else away! Nothing will be the same after this.

16. Algernonymous

Algernonymous Squire Balduin Fitzroy (Balmung)

Experience:
    2Experience Points
    Gil:
    Gil35
    Achievements:
    5Achievement Points
    For me it's a whole host of things. At the risk of repeating what's already been mentioned: the nostalgia is huge for me (and the music helps a lot with that), I also love the Tactics (the good one, I mean, not those crummy sequels they tried to pass off on the ds)/FFXII aesthetic they're going for culturally and geopolitically--I just wish they'd add in some good ol' religion-based Church conspiracy! I also enjoy the intricacies of the job system the more I get into it--the ability to add ancillary skills from other classes is great, and the fully-realized crafting system is terrific.the story thus far has been compelling, as last but still impressive are the graphics; it's just a beautiful game.

17. Empathy Star

Empathy Star Squire Empathy Star (Gilgamesh)

Experience:
    3Experience Points
    Gil:
    Gil15
    Achievements:
    15Achievement Points
    For me as a MMORPG Self Confessed Altaholic...

I love the job/class system, where we can master all there is to be done in game with a single character, the one downside I find to this though is I am quickly running out of storage space and having to sell items on the Market just to make some room, these Items I really wanted to keep I.e. Materia, for a later date until I get my crafts leveled up.

I love the community, especially the FC I am in (ASYLUM).

I have recently hit lvl 50 with my 1st casting class (WHM) I'm working now on unlocking Coil, Running CT, Daily Roulette for Philo & Myth Tombs, buying some Darklight gear to raise my iLvl up.

So far I have done Ifrit (hm), Garuda (hm), atm im stuck on Ultima (hm) and Titan (hm).

Played the LRXIII PS3 Demo, I cant wait to win or buy it, either way, its going into my gaming collection.

18. Al Parker

Al Parker Squire

Experience:
    8Experience Points
    Gil:
    Gil90
    Achievements:
    5Achievement Points
    My favorite feature in general is just the nostalgia and feeling like I instinctively know a lot about the world/lore even though it has a unique story. And it's important to me to have and try for a strong story even in the context of an MMO, so another kudos for that. And lastly, the job system is a great tool to make the battle mechanics deep and the to increase variety of play styles.

Realizing I'm not picking a favorite, so I'm going with the job/class system since that's the critical piece before I'd even ride out the game for alogn period of time :)

Cheers!

19. Andrew Wiggin

Andrew Wiggin Squire Andrew Wiggin (Excalibur)

Experience:
    2Experience Points
    Gil:
    Gil35
    Achievements:
    5Achievement Points
    The jobs/class system makes it simple to level everything and have one identifiable character so people really know who's who. I like the graphics as well, but its not my favorite part of the game :p

20. fayt1414

fayt1414 Squire Sophia Leingod (Lamia)

Experience:
    1Experience Points
    Gil:
    Gil5
    Achievements:
    15Achievement Points
    I really have to admit I really like the dungeons and primal fights. Unlike other mmo's I find the dungeons here extremely entertaining. But I have to admit that it was a tie for me with the dungeons and job system. For someone who has a stupidly short attention span having a class change system is great. Let's me mess around with other classes while not having to make an extra toon.